Nigerian Custom Service (NCS)
Before we get into the details of the Nigerian Custom Service (NCS) Recruitment 2019/2020, let’s first of all have a sneak peek of the institution and what it’s all about.
Nigeria Customs Service
The Nigerian Customs Service (NCS) was established in 1891 with the sole responsibility of revenue collection, accounting for same and fast-tracking anti-smuggling activities in the country. However, as of today, the roles of the NCS has expanded to include facilitation of internal and international trade, especially international supply chain of goods and services on behalf of the Nigerian government.
As of today, also, the NCS faces a plethora of challenges which include but not limited to
- The proactive management of the seeming contradictory role of ensuring improvements in speedy delivery of services,
- Maintaining systematic and effective intervention controls,
- Meeting the demands of complex and growing international trade especially in the face of economic crime,
- Tackling the menace of money laundering,
- Dealing with the menace of terrorism,
- Dealing with threatening weapons of mass destruction,
- Dealing with issues of violation of intellectual property rights, and
- Tacking the problem of dumping of toxic and hazardous substances in Nigeria.
It is, therefore, incumbent upon the Nigeria Customs Service to provide services which maximize efficiency and promote trade competitiveness wherein declarations are promptly processed.
Management of the Nigerian customs service (NCS)
The Nigerian Ministry of Finance oversee the affair of the Nigerian customs service (NCS) even when it is an independent agency responsible for the collection of customs revenue and other anti-smuggling efforts. The NCS board is chaired by the minister of finance, and a vice-chairman who presently is Col. Hameed Ali, appointed by President Muhammadu Buhari (GCFR) with the aim reforming and revamping the service.
Organizational Structure of the Nigerian Custom Service (NCS)
Currently the Nigerian custom service (NCS) is run by a comptroller general whose work is to oversee the work of the six other deputies comptroller generals in the following departments:
- Tariff & Trade;
- Modernization, Research and Economic Relations;
- Human Resource Development.
- Excise, Industrial Incentives and Free Trade Zone;
- Enforcement, Investigation, and Inspection;
- Corporate Support Services.
Statutory Function of the Nigeria Customs Service
The Nigeria Customs Service is charged with two key functions basically (i) the collection and accounting of revenue for the government such as Import and Excise Duties and
(ii) Prevention and suppression of smuggling. The agency is also mandated to:
- Generate statistics for planning and Budgetary purposes,
- License and register Customs Agents,
- Monitor Foreign Exchange utilization, etc.,
- Process manifests,
- Provide security services across Nigeria’s borders and within Nigeria,
- Register and designate collecting banks,
- Engage in and enforce Anti-Smuggling activities within Nigeria and across the nation’s borders,
- Collaborate with other government agencies across Nigerian ports and borders,
- Engage in Research, Planning, and Enforcement of Fiscal Policies of Government.
Invitation to Apply for Nigerian Custom Service (NCS) Recruitment 2019/2020
This is to bring to your notice that the minimum qualification for employment into the NCS is SSCE/NECO/GCE/NCE/ND /HND/BSC. If you are applying as a man you are to apply for the post of a SUPERINTENDENT CADRE and if you’re a woman you are going to apply for the same post of a SUPERINTENDENT CADRE but your age must be between 18 and 35years.
Vacancy is open to candidates with the following qualifications: SSCE/NECO/GCE, ND/HND, and BSC. Any relevant certificate from reputable and approved government institutions/organizations will be honoured.
Male applicants must not be less than 1.68 metres tall while female applicants must not be less than 1.65 metres tall.
How to Apply for the Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment
All recruitment application for Nigeria custom service is done at the agancy’srecruitment website which is www.customs.gov.ng. Please, go there to process your form today.
After successful application, which of course is form free of charge, you will be required to obtain print out (hardcopy) of the following documents:
- Parent/guardian consent form,
- Local government attestation form, and,
- Acknowledgment form.
Available NCS Recruitment Position To Apply For
CATEGORY ‘A’ – GENERAL DUTY
1.)SUPERINTENDENT CADRE, Nigeria Customs Service
Assistant Superintendent of Customs Grade II – Consol 08
Entry Qualification:Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s Degree with at least Second Class Lower Division from a recognized University.
2.)INSPECTOR CADRE Post:
(1) Inspector of Customs – Consol 07
Entry Qualification:Higher National Diploma (HND) with at least lower credit from a recognized Polytechnic.
(ii) Assistant Inspector of Customs -Consol 06
Entry Qualifications: National Diploma (ND) with at least lower credit from a recognized Polytechnic or National Certificate of Education (NCE) Certificate
3.) ASSISTANT CADRE Post:
(i) Customs Assistant II -Consol 04
- Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (WASC/NECO) with Credits in not less than five subjects including English Language and Mathematics obtained at a maximum of two sittings, or
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) Ordinary Level with credit in five subjects including English Language and Mathematics obtained at a maximum of two sittings.
(ii) Customs Assistant III – Consol 03.
- Suitably qualified candidates must SSCE/NECO certificates with credits in not less than four (4) subjects including English Language and Mathematics.
- Physically and mentally all applicants should be fitted. And must not have a criminal record.
- Applicants must also have General Certificate of Education (GCE) Ordinary Level and Credit in four (4) subjects including English Language and Mathematics.
- Any interested applicant with physical disability should not apply
Please be informed that as soon as the portal for NCS application opens we will update you on the steps to follow to apply. Please keep visiting this blog for more on Job update.
APPLICATION STARTING DATE: Online Registration for the Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment 2018 will start soon.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: All applications for the Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment 2018 closing date is not yet announced.
Searches related to Nigeria Customs Service recruitment 2018
- nigeria custom recruitment 2018
- custom recruitment portal 2018
- customs.gov.ng/recruitment 2018
- nigerian customs service
- customs.gov.ng 2018
- nigeria custom service replacement
- nigeria custom services ikeja
- nigeria custom service ranks