The Federal University, Kashere, Gombe State (FUKashere), In this page we’ve made it very easy for you to easily view the subject combination and study requirements that you need to get into any of the listed courses offered in FUKashere.
About Federal University, Kashere
F.U.K. is one of the new Federal Universities established by the Federal Government of Nigeria to increase access and ensure equity among all the States of the Federation and the Federal Capital Territory in terms of the presence of Federal Tertiary Institutions.
Gombe has been a citadel of learning from early times. It is among the early recipients of Islamic culture and teachings, in the wake of the Islamic jihad of the 1800’s. It has by no small means played a key role in the propagation of the teachings and practice of Islam. That early status has played out in the town’s subsequent emergence as a key resource centre for Islamic Teaching and scholarship.
A little afterwards, missionary activities took a stronghold in the predominantly Christian areas, South East of Gombe. In those areas, the teaching of Christianity was also to be well integrated alongside western education.
With this rich culture of learning though, there was never to develop, any conscious attempt towards articulating those early backgrounds, into the science of modern educational developments. Those early advantages of scholarship have therefore not been exploited towards develop needs, since in any case, the State lacked any visible tertiary institution for that purpose. F.U.K. once established therefore, shall strive and survive on a fertile terrain, in which scholarship can be sustained from legacy and culture of teaching and learning.
Do you want to find out the list of courses you can study at the institution? Below are the list of high-quality courses which officially accredited and recognized by the National Universities Commission (NUC), Nigeria.
NOT: This page will be updated when a new programme is introduced.
FUKashere Available Courses
We have put together a complete list of all the courses offered presently in the Federal University Kashere.
- FACULTY OF EDUCATION
- Educational Administration and Planning
- Guidance and Counselling
- FACULTY OF SCIENCE
- Biological Science
- Mathematics and Computer Science
- Chemical Science
- FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE
- Animal Science
- Soil Science
- Agric Economics and Extension
- FACULTY OF HUMANITY MANAGEMENT AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
- Business Administration
- Economics and Developmental Studies
- Islamic Studies
- History and Diplomatic Studies
FUKashere Admission Requirement.
- Candidates must possess a minimum of 5 credit passes in relevant subjects which must include English Language and mathematics at GCE O’Level, WASCE, SSCE, NECO or approved equivalents at not more than 2 sittings.
- Candidates with Teachers Grade II (TC II) with passes at credit or merit levels in conjunction with credit passes in relevant subjects at GCE, WASCE, SSCE, NECO or approved equivalents may be considered. No subject may be counted at both TC II and GCE O/Level, WASCE, SSCE, NECO or approved equivalents.
- The candidate must make at least 180 pass mark in JAMB to qualify for internal screening.
FUKashere Direct Entry Requirement
The general entry requirements for the Part-time degree programmes are OND (with merit), NCE, IJMB (with a minimum of 8 points), GCE ‘A’ Level (3 credits) and HND (Pass). Applicants must also possess all the necessary ‘O’ Level requirements applicable to the regular full time undergraduate admissions. This means that credit in English is compulsory for all courses applied, while Mathematics is necessary for science based courses and the social sciences.
Holders of ‘A’ Level certificate would be required to submit their credentials for screening.
Share this information with your friends. Also feel free to ask any questions pertaining to this Page Don’t forget to like us on Facebook Page